- 10 -15 Padron peppers or red chillies if you prefer more heat
- 250 g chick pea flour
- 125 g rice flour
- 20 ml Papa Djabs Sweet Chilli Sauce
- tsp of ground turmeric
- chopped fresh coriander
- pinch of Papa Djabs Chilli Salt
- 200 ml ice cold water
- groundnut oil for frying
- strips of Paneer cheese, small enough to go inside the chilli
- Wash and dry the Padron peppers
- Heat the ground nut oil in a deep thick bottomed pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, rice flour, chilli sauce, turmeric powder, chopped coriander and spicy salt with cold water until it forms a smooth paste (do not use excess water, the flour mix paste should stick on to the chillies when dipped)
- Insert small strips of Paneer cheese into the chillies
- Dip the stuffed chilli into the batter mix and gently drop into the oil.
- Make sure fryer is set at 180 degrees
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Papa Djabs Mad Cow BBQ Sauce for dipping
- Best served with a cold beer
note Mad Cow BBQ Sauce is made by Papa Djabs and available by mail order.