Garlic prawns (gambas al ajillo)
1x500g fresh prawns
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tsp Papa Djabs hot sauce
- 1 small habanero, finely chopped
- 100ml fino sherry
- 200ml olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
How to make garlic prawn tapas (gambas al ajillo)
- Add the olive oil to a heavy-based frying pan, and once hot, sauté the garlic and chilli.
- Next add the prawns, lemon juice, sherry and Papa Djabs hot sauce, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the prawns are cooked, remove from the heat and transfer to a warm plate.
- Pour the oil over the prawns, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with chunks of fresh bread.